Posts for tag: Fine Lines
How your dermatologist in San Antonio, TX, can help you fight the signs of aging
If you are starting to see fine lines and wrinkles, you are not alone! In fact, anti-aging procedures are some of the most sought-after services from dermatologists.
Fine lines and wrinkles are one of the first signs of aging but don’t worry, your dermatologist can help! Dr. Linda Banta of Stone Oak Dermatology in San Antonio, TX, offers a wide range of dermatology services, including treatment for fine lines and wrinkles.
Fine lines and wrinkles form on the lines of expression. That means when you frown, laugh, or show other expressions, your skin doesn’t snap back the way it did when you were younger. As you age, you lose collagen, elastin, and moisture, key ingredients for younger-looking skin.
There are many ways you and your dermatologist can help you say goodbye to fine lines and wrinkles. For shallow, fine lines, consider using:
- Antioxidant and vitamin creams to help smooth out the lines
- Products with vitamin A to even out skin tone
- Alpha-hydroxy acid products to help reduce lines and wrinkles
If you have deep wrinkles and lines, don’t despair! Professional treatment from your dermatologist can do wonders. Dr. Banta may recommend:
- Dermal fillers to fill in wrinkles, making your skin appear plump, smooth, and younger. Common dermal fillers include Juvederm.
- Wrinkle relaxers temporarily freeze the nerves and muscles, making your skin look smooth and revitalized. Botox is a very common wrinkle relaxer.
There are many other treatments and products including chemical peels, facials, and cosmetics that can help you look years younger.
To find out more about anti-aging treatments and other services from your dermatologist, call Dr. Linda Banta of Stone Oak Dermatology in San Antonio, TX, at (210) 494-0504. Call now and say goodbye to your fine lines and wrinkles, and hello to a younger-looking face!