Our team of professionals and staff believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their health and well-being. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics, which can be found on the side of each page. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
CLICK BELOW FOR ARTICLES WRITTEN BY DR. BANTA FOR NSIDE MAGAZINE
Shaving can be a challenge for both men and women. Here are dermatologists’ tips to help you get a clean shave:
- Before you shave, wet your skin and hair to soften it. Taking a shower or bath is a great way to soften your hair.
- Next, apply a shaving cream or gel.
- Be sure to shave in the direction that the hair grows.
- Change blades or throw away disposable razors after 5 to 7 shaves to help minimize irritation.
- Men who have acne should take special care while shaving. Shaving can irritate your skin, making acne worse.
- If you have acne on your face, try experimenting with electric or disposable blade razors to see which work best for you.
- Use a razor with a sharp blade.
- Shave lightly to prevent nicks and never try to shave off the acne as both can make acne worse.