Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company; therefore it is your responsibility to know how your benefits work. Please make sure you have a copy of current primary and secondary insurance. We will ask to copy your driver’s license (a policy of the insurance company). We will also take a picture of you for identification purposes that will become part of your medical record. Your insurance will be verified prior to your appointment. We will ask to keep a credit card on file. Your information will be stored securely. You will have 10 days to pay or your credit card will be charged automatically. You are responsible to notify us of any insurance changes. You will be asked to pay copayments and non-covered or cosmetic services at the time of your appointment. Patients without insurance are responsible for full payment at the time of service. Many procedures in dermatology are considered by Medicare and private insurance as non-covered such as removal of skin tags, benign moles, seborrheic keratosis, as well as spider veins and removal of whiteheads and others. Cosmetic procedures will not be billed to insurance. A $100 deposit will be required to book a cosmetic procedure and is subject to be forfeited if less than 24 hour cancellation notice is given.
Prior To Your Appointment:
- If you have been seen by another dermatologist please have them send records.
- Come in without make-up or remove it prior to the appointment.
- Bring all your medications and skin care products with you.
- Be prepared for a full body exam.
- Minors must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian for first visit. Minor consent forms may be signed to allow for subsequent visits.